Friday, March 11, 2011

Wickenberg to Phoenix

We started the day with news of the  earthquakes and tsuamiin Japan and ended it with TV news reporting on the disaster.  So difficult to imagine and so different from our day.

For me this was not one of our better days.  We rode with heavy traffic the entire 67 mi day, much of it on rough shoulders. But there was lots to look at--a group of road runners, large stands of saguaro, flowers along the roadside, and mountains.

We started the day with sunrise and my hands were numb for the first half hour.  But once the sun got up in the sky it warmed quickly.  This unremitting sunshine with 80+ temperatures is getting to me!

Wish I could show you the photo of the doggie school bus.

1 comment:

  1. I am pretty sure I wouldn't have liked this day much either. Traffic AND rough riding? Not my idea of fun, but you are 67 miles closer to the Atlantic! I am glad that you got some enjoyment out of the scenery and hope that tomorrow is more fun.

    ReplyDelete